Monday, September 10, 2012

Sunday not-the-usual-kind-of-fun-day :-)

I was sick, again. It started Saturday night with a fever that climbed quickly out of no where (nothing dangerous, but certainly uncomfortable). And shakes. And chills. And body aches. It's so weird... I can feel it coming on again now as I type.

Because I felt so awful, my wonderful (but slightly hungover thanks to his solo party...a different post to come) husband took care of me and let me nap for 2 hours and rest for another hour. He completely took care of the boys. He did all the changing and playing and feeding (lunch was chicken...just sliced deli chicken) AND put them down for a nap (the chicken must have magical powers because they slept.so.long). This may be old hat for some daddies, but until today he didn't have the opportunity to take care of the boys all on his own. On a whim, the hungover-hubby did excellent. A+ in my book :-)

After my incredible break, I felt much better. After we watched a little mad men and he did a little studying, we decided to go out to Brinner (breakfast for dinner... He he he) at IHOP. It was super tasty.

After dinner we made the very last minute decision to head to the train at meadowlake park since we have never been. It was great!! Billy apparently takes his train riding very seriously, but he loved it!!

Noah almost fell asleep :o)

I've written a ton already, so I'll sum up the rest ;-)

Perfect weather on the drive home

Boys playing while mommy and daddy just smile watching them
Mommy playing with boys instead of cleaning
Bedtimes
Mad men
House remained unclean
Happy day :o)



No comments: